Greetings and a sunny welcome to July! As we move into the second half of 2023, let's take a moment to marvel at the AI-powered roller coaster we've been on so far - from the groundbreaking GPT-4 release to new AI regulations, from safety dialogues around Generative AI to numerous other milestones. It's been quite a ride, hasn't it? And who knows what the coming months will unveil?
In this bi-monthly digest, we're keeping you plugged into the AI universe, covering major developments and sharing some engaging educational resources for investors looking into AI opportunities and updates. We're excited to continue this journey with you - fasten your seatbelts and let's explore the AI cosmos together!
Your Bimonthly AI Intelligence Brief: Relive the First Halftime of July!
As we set our sights on the latter half of July, let's rewind and capture some of the exhilarating AI adventures from the first two weeks!
- Databricks Acquires MosaicML for $1.3B, in a deal that might usher in a new chapter of AI/ML consolidations in the GenAI era.
- Google's Bard is now available in 40 languages & 230 countries! New capabilities in this launch include the ability to use images in prompts, the ability to listen to responses, to pin conversations and share responses, and to export code.
- AI startup Anthropic raises $1B to launch ‘safer,’ they also announced their latest large language model, Claude 2.
- Inflection AI raises $1.3B in funding (cash and cloud credits), resulting in the valuation of the one-year-old company at $4 billion.
- Shutterstock doubles down on its partnership with OpenAI, providing them with training data in exchange for access to the tech and generative AI capabilities for Gify.
- OpenAI made Code Interpreter available to all ChatGPT Plus users. This new capability lets users ask ChatGPT to analyze data, create charts, edit files, perform math, interpret code, and optionally, with access to code files users uploaded.
Spread the word! Jazz Computing has recently launched its own Research Center, with several AI-focused papers, providing insights into AI disruption of various verticals in addition to competitive analyses of AI-infrastructure titans including Nvidia, AMD, Google, and of course Microsoft. Read more
Expand your AI knowledge: Two Upcoming Webinars!
Stay abreast of AI's rapid evolution without the hassle! Our two upcoming 75-min webinars will provide valuable knowledge on AI investor-related topics. We will delve into the competitive landscape of Cloud AI, analyzing the big three titans in the first webinar, then offer an AI primer tailored for non-technical, impact-focused investors in the second. No jargon, just insightful content. Secure your limited spot now.